Are you passionate about making a difference in a child’s life? Do you have a good understanding of supporting children with additional needs? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for a full-time Teaching Assistant at a reputable school in Kings Norton.
As a TA, you will be working closely with a child who requires 1-1 support due to their additional needs. This role will require your unwavering dedication and enthusiasm to engage with the child and help them overcome their challenges. Your understanding of SEMH support will play a crucial role in the child’s development.
Working alongside the class teacher and parents, you will provide constructive feedback and support to ensure the child’s progress both inside and outside of school. Your ability to build strong relationships with the child, their family, and the school community will be essential in fostering a supportive and nurturing environment.
The school itself is known for its commitment to providing an inspiring and challenging curriculum. With its two-form entry, the school ensures that all children have equal access to high-quality education. In this role, you will have the opportunity to contribute to the school’s mission of creating an inclusive and empowering learning environment.
To excel in this position, the following skills are essential:
1. Empathy and Patience: A genuine understanding and compassion for children with additional needs, coupled with the ability to remain patient during challenging situations.
2. Effective Communication: Strong verbal and written communication skills to collaborate with the class teacher, parents, and other professionals involved in the child’s support network.
3. Adaptability: The ability to adapt teaching strategies and approaches to meet the individual needs of the child, ensuring their progress and development.
4. Teamwork: A collaborative mindset to work closely with the class teacher, sharing insights and providing valuable input to create a comprehensive support plan.
5. Resilience: The capacity to remain resilient and positive, even in the face of obstacles, ensuring a consistent and supportive presence for the child.
If you are ready to make a difference in a child’s life and be part of a dedicated team, then we would love to hear from you. Join us at Zest and embark on a rewarding journey as a full-time Teaching Assistant. Apply now to be considered for this fulfilling role at our wonderful school in Kings Norton.
If you are interested in this position or want to find out more, email Charlie at email@example.com or ‘apply for job’ at the top of the page to submit your details.
Zest Education are an REC audited agency and are dedicated to safeguarding children. All candidates must hold an enhanced DBS (or allow us to process one for you) and be registered to the DBS Update Service, be able to provide references to cover the last two years and successfully pass all other necessary safeguarding checks prior to clearance for work.
Salary is dependent on experience, training, or qualifications. The minimum experience, training, or qualifications required for this position are recent school-based experience (within the last 5 years within a school that teaches the British Curriculum) and/or care-based experience within the last 5 years.
The role advertised is for temporary supply work.
We receive new jobs and positions on a daily basis so keep up to date with us on our social media pages too:
Zest Education – small consultancy friendliness with big agency experience.