Are you passionate about making a positive impact on the lives of children with autism? Do you have the skills and dedication to provide personalised support to enhance their learning experiences? If so, Zest Education is seeking a compassionate and dedicated 1-1 Teaching Assistant to join a school in Northfield from January 2024.
In this role, you will have the rewarding opportunity to work closely with a child in year 3 who has autism. Your primary responsibility will be to provide individualised support to ensure their educational and personal development. As a 1-1 Teaching Assistant, you will play a vital role in creating a nurturing environment where the child feels motivated and engaged.
– Build a strong rapport with the child, understanding their unique needs and learning styles.
– Assist the child in their daily activities, including academic tasks and minimal personal care such as getting changed for PE.
– Collaborate with the class teacher and other professionals to develop personalised learning plans.
– Implement strategies to support the child’s social and emotional well-being.
– Monitor progress and provide constructive feedback to promote continuous improvement.
– Foster an inclusive and supportive classroom environment that encourages the child’s participation.
– Previous experience working with children with autism or special educational needs is desired but not essential.
– An understanding of autism spectrum disorders and related strategies.
– Excellent communication skills to effectively liaise with the child, parents, and colleagues.
– Compassion, patience, and a genuine desire to make a difference in the child’s life.
If you are interested in this position or want to find out more, email Rebecca at firstname.lastname@example.org or ‘apply for job’ at the top of the page to submit your details.
Zest Education are an REC audited agency and are dedicated to safeguarding children. All candidates must hold an enhanced DBS (or allow us to process one for you) and be registered to the DBS Update Service, be able to provide references to cover the last two years and successfully pass all other necessary safeguarding checks prior to clearance for work.
Salary is dependent on experience, training, or qualifications. The minimum experience, training, or qualifications required for this position are recent school-based experience (within the last 5 years within a school that teaches the British Curriculum) and/or care-based experience within the last 5 years.
The role advertised is for temporary supply work.
We receive new jobs and positions on a daily basis so keep up to date with us on our social media pages too:
Zest Education – small consultancy friendliness with big agency experience.