Zest Education are looking for a part-time one-to-one Teaching Assistant to join a Year 4 class at a primary school based in Quinton. Starting as soon as possible, this role will be ongoing till the end of the academic year and you will be required to work 3 days a week. You will be responsible for providing one-to-one support to a specific student by supporting them in their academic, social, and emotional development.
This Ofsted rated ‘Good’ school provides an excellent education to all of its children. They believe that with excellent leadership and teaching, the students will go on to lead successful lives. As a 1:1 Teaching Assistant you must provide full support and motivate the student in their class work and encourage them to interact with the class.
- Plan, prepare and deliver assigned programmes of teaching and learning activities to an individual pupil.
- Evaluate a student’s needs and assist their learning by applying specific knowledge and abilities.
- To assist, support and inspire the students, encourage self-directed learning, and promote excellent student conduct.
- To contribute to monitoring and recording pupil progress, maintaining records, and providing relevant feedback to teachers and parents.
- To assist in establishing an engaging atmosphere that promotes learning.
- Encourage students to interact and work co-operatively and engage all students in activities.
- Experience working with children in an educational setting is highly desirable.
- Need to own an enhanced DBS or be willing to obtain one.
- Comprehensive understanding of the national curriculum.
- Needs to be proficient in both written and verbal communication.
- Must be able to work collaboratively in a team as well as independently.
- A sincere desire to support children in reaching their goals.
- Must have the capacity to build relationships and empathise with the students.
- Hold a Level 2 qualification or higher in a relevant subject.
If you are interested in this position or want to find out more, email Madison at email@example.com or ‘apply for job’ at the top of the page to submit your details.
Zest Education are an REC audited agency and are dedicated to safeguarding children. All candidates must hold an enhanced DBS (or allow us to process one for you) and be registered to the DBS Update Service, be able to provide references to cover the last two years and successfully pass all other necessary safeguarding checks prior to clearance for work.
Salary is dependent on experience, training, or qualifications. The minimum experience, training, or qualifications required for this position are recent school-based experience (within the last 5 years within a school that teaches the British Curriculum) and/or care-based experience within the last 5 years.
The role advertised is for temporary supply work.
We receive new jobs and positions on a daily basis so keep up to date with us on our social media pages too:
Zest Education – small consultancy friendliness with big agency experience.