Website Zest Education
small agency friendliness with big agency experience
Are you passionate about working 1:1 with children in a reception setting? Do you have experience working with children with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)? If so, Zest Education is seeking a committed and experienced 1:1 Teaching Assistant to join a beautiful village school in Burton on Trent.
As a 1:1 Teaching Assistant, you will have the opportunity to work closely with a child in reception, providing them with the support they require to excel academically and emotionally. Your role will be instrumental in helping the child with Social, Emotional, and Mental Health (SEMH) needs, as well as speech and language development.
This position is available for an immediate start and will continue for the remainder of the academic year. Ideally, the school is looking for someone to work full-time, but they are open to considering part-time options as well. The village school offers a warm and supportive environment where you can make a real difference in the life of a young learner.
– Work closely with a child in reception, providing 1:1 support
– Assist the child with their academic progress and emotional well-being
– Implement strategies to support their SEMH and speech and language development
– Collaborate with the class teacher and the school’s SENCo to ensure the child’s individual needs are met
– Monitor and record the child’s progress and communicate with parents and other professionals involved
– Previous experience working with SEND students is essential
– A genuine passion for working with children and making a positive impact
– Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
– Patience, empathy, and the ability to build rapport with students
– Flexibility and adaptability to meet the changing needs of the child
– Relevant qualifications and certifications would be an advantage
If you are dedicated, compassionate, and eager to make a difference, then we would love to hear from you. This is a unique opportunity to join a supportive village school and play a vital role in a student’s educational journey.
If you are interested in this position or want to find out more, email Megan Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org or ‘apply for job’ at the top of the page to submit your details.
Zest Education are an REC audited agency and are dedicated to safeguarding children. All candidates must hold an enhanced DBS (or allow us to process one for you) and be registered to the DBS Update Service, be able to provide references to cover the last two years and successfully pass all other necessary safeguarding checks prior to clearance for work.
Salary is dependent on experience, training, or qualifications. The minimum experience, training, or qualifications required for this position are recent school-based experience (within the last 5 years within a school that teaches the British Curriculum) and/or care-based experience within the last 5 years.
The role advertised is for temporary supply work.
We receive new jobs and positions on a daily basis so keep up to date with us on our social media pages too:
Zest Education – small consultancy friendliness with big agency experience.