We are currently recruiting for a Classroom Support Assistant to work in an excellent special educational needs school located in Walsall. This position is due to begin January 2024 and will continue on a long term basis.
This is a secondary special educational needs school catering for students from the age of 11-18 with Severe Learning Difficulties, Autism, and Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties. As a Classroom Support Assistant, you will play a crucial role in providing individualized support and creating a nurturing learning environment for the students.
We welcome applications from individuals with various backgrounds, including Teaching Assistants, support workers, and those with experience working with adults with special educational needs. Your passion for helping others, adaptability, and commitment to student success are key qualities we are looking for.
In this role, you will be responsible for quickly building engaging relationships with small groups of children. Collaborating closely with the class teacher and other teaching assistants, you will contribute to the development and implementation of individual education plans and provide guidance and assistance to students throughout their learning journey.
The school are proud of there committed staff team who share a common goal of preparing students for life and supporting them in achieving their personal goals. Joining the team means becoming a part of a supportive and inclusive community where your contributions will make a lasting impact on the lives of our students.
- Provide tailored support to students with special educational needs in a classroom setting
- Foster a positive and inclusive learning environment
- Build strong relationships with students, teachers, and other support staff
- Collaborate with the class teacher and other teaching assistants to develop and implement individual education plans
- Assist with the planning and delivery of engaging lessons and activities
- Support students with daily tasks, including personal care if required
- Monitor and assess student progress, providing feedback and reporting to the class teacher
- Previous experience working with individuals with special educational needs is preferred
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Patience, empathy, and a genuine desire to make a difference
- Flexibility to adapt to the evolving needs of students
If you are looking for a rewarding opportunity to enhance the learning and support for students with special educational needs, we would love to hear from you.
If you are interested in this position or want to find out more, email Steph at email@example.com or ‘apply for job’ at the top of the page to submit your details.
Zest Education are an REC audited agency and are dedicated to safeguarding children. All candidates must hold an enhanced DBS (or allow us to process one for you) and be registered to the DBS Update Service, be able to provide references to cover the last two years and successfully pass all other necessary safeguarding checks prior to clearance for work.
Salary is dependent on experience, training, or qualifications. The minimum experience, training, or qualifications required for this position are recent school-based experience (within the last 5 years within a school that teaches the British Curriculum) and/or care-based experience within the last 5 years.
The role advertised is for temporary supply work.
We receive new jobs and positions on a daily basis so keep up to date with us on our social media pages too:
Zest Education – small consultancy friendliness with big agency experience.