Zest Education is delighted to be working with a reputable secondary school in Smethwick, seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated Computer Science Teacher to join their team on a part-time basis, commencing in April 2024. This is a fantastic opportunity to make a real impact on students’ lives while enjoying a fulfilling teaching experience.
– Plan and deliver engaging Computer Science lessons to secondary school students.
– Develop and implement effective teaching strategies to cater to students’ individual learning needs.
– Foster a positive and inclusive learning environment that promotes student engagement and achievement.
– Monitor and assess students’ progress regularly, providing constructive feedback to students and parents/guardians.
– Participate in staff meetings, parents’ evenings, and other school events as required.
– Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) or equivalent, specializing in Computer Science.
– Experience teaching Computer Science up to Key Stage 4 in a secondary school setting.
– Excellent knowledge of the national curriculum for Computer Science.
– Passionate about inspiring students’ interest in the subject and fostering a love for learning.
– Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to establish rapport with students, colleagues, and parents/guardians.
– Organized, reliable, and committed to promoting high standards of teaching and learning.
The School is a highly regarded secondary school in Smethwick, known for its commitment to providing a supportive and inclusive learning environment. With a focus on academic excellence, they offer a broad curriculum to ensure students receive a well-rounded education. The school benefits from modern facilities, a forward-thinking leadership team, and a strong sense of community.
This role is part-time (0.6), providing a great work-life balance for the successful candidate. The teaching timetable will be discussed during the interview stage.
You will join the school in April 2024 and continue until the end of the academic year in July 2024, with the possibility of a permanent position for the right candidate.
If you are interested in this position or want to find out more, email Becky Nicholas at firstname.lastname@example.org or ‘apply for job’ at the top of the page to submit your details.
Zest Education are an REC audited agency and are dedicated to safeguarding children. All candidates must hold an enhanced DBS (or allow us to process one for you) and be registered to the DBS Update Service, be able to provide references to cover the last two years and successfully pass all other necessary safeguarding checks prior to clearance for work.
Salary is dependent on experience, training, or qualifications. The minimum experience, training, or qualifications required for this position are recent school-based experience (within the last 5 years within a school that teaches the British Curriculum) and/or care-based experience within the last 5 years.
The role advertised is for temporary supply work.
We receive new jobs and positions on a daily basis so keep up to date with us on our social media pages too:
Zest Education – small consultancy friendliness with big agency experience.