Zest Education has a long-standing working relationship with a number of secondary schools across Birmingham. We have been asked to provide a reliable Cover Supervisors on a flexible working basis in the Summer term. These positions are extremely popular with people who have an interest in education, working with young people, gaining classroom experience, or have recently graduated.
This is the perfect opportunity for someone who is looking to go into the teaching profession. Cover Supervisors come from a variety of backgrounds including coaches, youth worker, teaching assistants, scout or playgroup leaders and also recent University graduates,
A day-to-day as a cover supervisor will include:
– Supervising work that has been set in accordance with the school policy
– Managing the behaviour of pupils whilst they are undertaking this work to ensure a constructive environment
– Responding to any questions from pupils about processes and procedures
– Dealing with any immediate problems or emergencies according to the school’s policies and procedures
– Collecting any completed work after the lesson and returning it to the appropriate teacher
– Reporting back on the behaviour of pupils during the class, using the school’s agreed referral procedures
A successful applicant will have:
- Very good numeracy/literacy skills
- Excellent communication skills with students, parents/carers, and professionals
- Can use ICT to support and enhance teaching and learning
- A passionate commitment to raising the attainment of all students
- A team player who can work collaboratively with others
To be considered you will have a minimum of 20 days experience working with children/young people.
Excellent rates to pay are available ranging between £64-80 per day during term time.
If this sounds like something you are interested in or want to find out more information, please apply via the ‘apply now’ link and we will be in contact shortly.
Zest Education are an REC audited agency and are dedicated to safeguarding children. All candidates must hold an enhanced DBS (or allow us to process one for you) and be registered to the DBS Update Service, be able to provide references to cover the last two years and successfully pass all other necessary safeguarding checks prior to clearance for work.
We receive new jobs and positions on a daily basis so keep up to date with us on our social media pages too:
Zest Education – small consultancy friendliness with big agency experience.