The role of a Cover Supervisor is a flexible position that involves working in secondary schools across South Birmingham, Bromsgrove, and Redditch that Zest Education closely work with. It is an ideal opportunity for individuals who are interested in pursuing a career in teaching.
Cover Supervisors can come from a variety of backgrounds, such as coaches, youth workers, teaching assistants, scout or playgroup leaders.
On a day-to-day basis, your responsibilities as a Cover Supervisor will include:
– Supervising the work that has been set by the absent teacher, in accordance with the school’s policy.
– Managing the behaviour of students and ensuring a constructive learning environment.
– Responding to any questions from students regarding processes and procedures.
– Dealing with any immediate problems or emergencies in accordance with the school’s policies and procedures.
– Collecting completed work from students after the lesson and returning it to the appropriate teacher.
– Reporting on the behaviour of students during the class, using the school’s agreed referral procedures.
This role offers valuable experience working in a school setting and provides an opportunity to gain insight into the teaching profession. If you are passionate about working with young people and are looking for a flexible role in the education sector, this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
If you are interested in this position or want to find out more, email Phoebe Ratcliffe at firstname.lastname@example.org or ‘apply for job’ at the top of the page to submit your details.
Zest Education are an REC audited agency and are dedicated to safeguarding children. All candidates must hold an enhanced DBS (or allow us to process one for you) and be registered to the DBS Update Service, be able to provide references to cover the last two years and successfully pass all other necessary safeguarding checks prior to clearance for work.
Salary is dependent on experience, training, or qualifications. The minimum experience, training, or qualifications required for this position are recent school-based experience (within the last 5 years within a school that teaches the British Curriculum) and/or care-based experience within the last 5 years.
The role advertised is for temporary supply work.
We receive new jobs and positions on a daily basis so keep up to date with us on our social media pages too:
Zest Education – small consultancy friendliness with big agency experience.