Are you passionate about education and looking for a rewarding teaching opportunity? Zest Education is seeking a dedicated Full Time Cover Supervisor to join our team at a reputable school in the King’s Heath area, starting in January 2024 until the end of the academic year.
The school takes pride in their ‘Good’ OFSTED rating, reflecting their commitment to providing an exceptional learning environment for both students and staff
As a Cover Supervisor, you will play a vital role in maintaining a positive and productive learning environment for students in the absence of their regular teachers. Your main responsibilities will include supervising classes, ensuring student engagement, and managing behaviour according to the school’s policies.
Key Responsibilities of a Cover Supervisor:
– Supervise classes across various subjects and year groups, following pre-set lesson plans provided by the absent teacher.
– Maintain a calm and controlled classroom environment, ensuring students are focused and engaged in their learning.
– Manage student behaviour in line with the school’s behaviour policy, promoting a supportive and inclusive atmosphere.
– Provide guidance and support to students during their independent work or group activities.
– Keep accurate records of attendance and report any issues to the appropriate staff members.
– A bachelor’s degree graduated within the last 2 years or minimum 20 days experience working with children
– Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively engage with students and staff members.
– Strong organisational skills to manage multiple tasks and responsibilities.
– Flexibility to adapt to different subjects and age groups as required.
– A genuine passion for education and a desire to make a positive impact on students’ lives.
If you are interested in this position or want to find out more, email Lotty at Charlotter@zesteducation.co.uk or ‘apply for job’ at the top of the page to submit your details.
Zest Education are an REC audited agency and are dedicated to safeguarding children. All candidates must hold an enhanced DBS (or allow us to process one for you) and be registered to the DBS Update Service, be able to provide references to cover the last two years and successfully pass all other necessary safeguarding checks prior to clearance for work.
Salary is dependent on experience, training, or qualifications. The minimum experience, training, or qualifications required for this position are recent school-based experience (within the last 5 years within a school that teaches the British Curriculum) and/or care-based experience within the last 5 years.
The role advertised is for temporary supply work.
We receive new jobs and positions on a daily basis so keep up to date with us on our social media pages too:
Zest Education – small consultancy friendliness with big agency experience.