We currently have an increasing demand for Cover Supervisors on a day to day basis, across the Solihull area, and one of our partner schools has asked us to provide a full time Cover Supervisor, starting after February half term, until the end of the summer term.
This is a fantastic way of gaining insightful experience within the classroom without having to deliver the curriculum.
This is a perfect opportunity for someone who is looking to go into the teaching profession.
Having the following attributes will be a big advantage in a classroom setting.
A strong communicator
A sense of humour
The role is fun, varied and rewarding, and as follows:
Working as a cover supervisor can be extremely rewarding, as well as demanding. There is a high level of responsibility and although there is always a teacher close at hand if needed, there is also a large amount of autonomy.
A cover supervisor is likely to be used for short-term absences of a teacher. These might be known in advance (for example, where a teacher has a medical appointment or is undergoing professional development) or unexpected (for example, absence due to illness)
On a daily basis, cover supervision will include:
– Supervising work that has been set in accordance with the school policy
– Managing the behavior of pupils whilst they are undertaking this work to ensure a constructive environment
– Responding to any questions from pupils about process and procedures;
– Dealing with any immediate problems or emergencies according to the school’s policies and procedures
– Collecting any completed work after the lesson and returning it to the appropriate teacher
– Reporting back on the behavior of pupils during the class, using the school’s agreed referral procedures
The working day is always during school hours and term time only.
Plus you get paid for the privilege! Anything between £60 and £70 per day, subject to experience and level of responsibility.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to hear from you, so why not send your details over right away! Suitable candidates could be in the classroom within a week of registering.