Are you an inspiring and creative individual with recent school-based experience? Or a recent graduate looking for classroom-based experience before going on to do teacher training? Well listen closely as we have the role for you!
A secondary school in the Sutton Coldfield area have asked us to recruit a Cover supervisor to start January 2024 for a minimum of one term.
Working as a cover supervisor can be extremely rewarding, as well as demanding. There is a high level of responsibility and although there is always a teacher close at hand if needed, there is also a large amount of autonomy.
A cover supervisor is likely to be used for short-term absences of a teacher. These might be known in advance (for example, where a teacher has a medical appointment or is undergoing professional development) or unexpected (for example, absence due to illness)
If you are:
- Able to communicate effectively
On a daily basis, cover supervision will include:
– Supervising work that has been set in accordance with the school policy
– Managing the behaviour of pupils whilst they are undertaking this work to ensure a constructive environment
– Responding to any questions from pupils about process and procedures.
– Dealing with any immediate problems or emergencies according to the school’s policies and procedures
– Collecting any completed work after the lesson and returning it to the appropriate teacher
– Reporting back on the behaviour of pupils during the class, using the school’s agreed referral procedures
The working day is always during school hours and term time only.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to hear from you, so why not send your details over right away!
NB: All necessary safeguarding checks will be carried out, prior to commencement of work. This includes references to cover the last two years, and a fully enhanced DBS.
If you are interested in this position or want to find out more, email us on email@example.com or ‘apply for job’ at the top of the page to submit your details.
Zest Education are an REC audited agency and are dedicated to safeguarding children. All candidates must hold an enhanced DBS (or allow us to process one for you) and be registered to the DBS Update Service, be able to provide references to cover the last two years and successfully pass all other necessary safeguarding checks prior to clearance for work.
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are: Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) and recent school-based experience (teaching within a school teaching the British Curriculum).
The role advertised is for temporary supply work.
We receive new jobs and positions on a daily basis so keep up to date with us on our social media pages too:
Zest Education – small consultancy friendliness with big agency experience