We are seeking a motivated and passionate Design and Technology Teacher to join a secondary school that we work with, in the Kings Heath area. As a teacher specializing in Resistance Materials, you will be responsible for delivering engaging and interactive lessons to students in Key Stages 3 and 4.
– Plan and deliver lessons in line with the national curriculum, focusing on Resistance Materials.
– Create a stimulating and inclusive learning environment that encourages student participation and creativity.
– Provide guidance and support to students in their practical projects, helping them develop their design and problem-solving skills.
– Assess and mark students’ work, providing constructive feedback to aid their development.
– Maintain accurate records of student progress and attendance, and communicate with parents/guardians when necessary.
– Collaborate with colleagues to contribute to the overall development of the Design and Technology department.
– Stay updated with the latest developments in Resistance Materials and design technology education.
– Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) or equivalent teaching qualification.
– Experience teaching Design and Technology, specifically with a focus on Resistance Materials.
– Strong knowledge and understanding of the national curriculum and assessment requirements.
– Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to engage and motivate students.
– Organizational and time management skills to plan lessons effectively and meet deadlines.
– The ability to work collaboratively within a team.
This is a full-time role starting in April 2024 until July 2024. Planning and marking will be required as part of the position.
Rate of pay will vary depending on experience, ranging from £153 – £211 per day.
If you are interested in this position or want to find out more, email Phoebe Ratcliffe at email@example.com or ‘apply for job’ at the top of the page to submit your details.
Zest Education are an REC audited agency and are dedicated to safeguarding children. All candidates must hold an enhanced DBS (or allow us to process one for you) and be registered to the DBS Update Service, be able to provide references to cover the last two years and successfully pass all other necessary safeguarding checks prior to clearance for work.
Salary is dependent on experience, training, or qualifications. The minimum experience, training, or qualifications required for this position are recent school-based experience (within the last 5 years within a school that teaches the British Curriculum) and/or care-based experience within the last 5 years.
The role advertised is for temporary supply work.
We receive new jobs and positions on a daily basis so keep up to date with us on our social media pages too:
Zest Education – small consultancy friendliness with big agency experience.