Are you passionate about education and making a positive impact on young students? Zest Education is partnering with a brilliant school in Burton on Trent, and they are currently seeking a passionate Key Stage 1 Teaching Assistant to join their team on a full-time basis, starting as soon as possible until the end of the spring term.
As a Key Stage 1 Teaching Assistant, you will play a vital role in supporting the classroom teacher to create an engaging and nurturing learning environment for students aged 5 to 7 years old. Your responsibilities will include assisting with lesson planning, delivering small group activities, providing one-on-one support, and helping to maintain a positive and inclusive classroom atmosphere.
The ideal candidate for this position will have previous experience working with Key Stage 1 students, a solid understanding of the national curriculum, and excellent communication skills. You should be patient, adaptable, and able to build positive relationships with both students and staff.
– Collaborate with the classroom teacher to plan and deliver engaging lessons
– Support students’ learning by providing one-on-one assistance and small group activities
– Help to create a positive and inclusive classroom environment
– Assist with the preparation of teaching materials and resources
– Monitor and assess student progress, providing feedback to the classroom teacher
– Support students with their social and emotional development
– Maintain accurate records of student attendance and behaviour
– Previous experience working with Key Stage 1 students
– Knowledge of the national curriculum and educational practices
– Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
– Patience, adaptability, and a passion for working with young children
– Strong organizational and time management abilities
– Relevant qualifications or certifications are desirable but not essential
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a supportive and dedicated team of professionals in a school that values the growth and development of both students and staff. If you are a motivated individual with a genuine desire to make a difference in the lives of young learners, we would love to hear from you.
If you are interested in this position or want to find out more, email Ellie at Elliemorley@zesteducation.co.uk or ‘apply for job’ at the top of the page to submit your details.
Zest Education are an REC audited agency and are dedicated to safeguarding children. All candidates must hold an enhanced DBS (or allow us to process one for you) and be registered to the DBS Update Service, be able to provide references to cover the last two years and successfully pass all other necessary safeguarding checks prior to clearance for work.
Salary is dependent on experience, training, or qualifications. The minimum experience, training, or qualifications required for this position are recent school-based experience (within the last 5 years within a school that teaches the British Curriculum) and/or care-based experience within the last 5 years.
The role advertised is for temporary supply work.
We receive new jobs and positions on a daily basis so keep up to date with us on our social media pages too:
Zest Education – small consultancy friendliness with big agency experience.