We are currently seeking a dedicated and passionate History Teacher to cover a maternity leave position at a secondary school that we work with in Stourbridge. This is a full-time role that will require marking and planning.
As a History Teacher, you will be responsible for delivering engaging and comprehensive lessons to students, fostering their knowledge and understanding of history. You will be expected to follow the national curriculum and syllabus, adapting your teaching methods to suit the needs and abilities of the students.
– Plan and deliver high-quality history lessons
– Assess and mark students’ work, providing constructive feedback
– Create a positive and inclusive learning environment
– Maintain accurate records of student progress and achievement
– Communicate effectively with parents/guardians and colleagues
– Participate in staff meetings and professional development activities
Qualifications and Requirements:
– Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) or relevant teaching qualification
– Experience teaching history at the secondary school level
– Sound knowledge of the national curriculum and syllabus for history
– Strong classroom management skills
– Ability to differentiate lessons to accommodate different learning styles and abilities
– Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
This is a maternity cover position starting in April 2024, and is expected to last until at least July 2024. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to join a supportive and dedicated staff team in a thriving school environment.
Rate of pay will vary depending on experience, ranging from £153 – £211 per day.
If you are interested in this position or want to find out more, email Phoebe Ratcliffe at firstname.lastname@example.org or ‘apply for job’ at the top of the page to submit your details.
Zest Education are an REC audited agency and are dedicated to safeguarding children. All candidates must hold an enhanced DBS (or allow us to process one for you) and be registered to the DBS Update Service, be able to provide references to cover the last two years and successfully pass all other necessary safeguarding checks prior to clearance for work.
Salary is dependent on experience, training, or qualifications. The minimum experience, training, or qualifications required for this position are recent school-based experience (within the last 5 years within a school that teaches the British Curriculum) and/or care-based experience within the last 5 years.
The role advertised is for temporary supply work.
We receive new jobs and positions on a daily basis so keep up to date with us on our social media pages too:
Zest Education – small consultancy friendliness with big agency experience.