Zest Education are seeking a enthusiastic Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA) to join a special educational needs school located in Rugeley. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of something special.
This is an independent specialist school with two attached children’s homes, based in a beautiful area of rural Staffordshire. The school caters for children from the age of 5-19 with Autism (ASC) and social, emotional, and mental health difficulties (SEMH). All students throughout this school have associated learning difficulties with the moderate to severe range.
The school pride themselves on creating a supportive and inclusive environment where every student can thrive and reach their full potential. With a team of dedicated and passionate staff, the school aim to deliver the highest standards of education and care to the students.
As a Higher Level Teaching Assistant, you will work closely with the class teacher to deliver engaging and inclusive lessons that cater to the diverse needs of our students. Your key responsibilities will include:
- Collaborating with the class teacher to plan and deliver effective lessons that promote learning and development.
- Providing classroom coverage and taking charge of the class in the absence of the regular teacher.
- Supporting individual students with their academic and personal development goals.
- Demonstrating effective behaviour management skills in line with our school’s behaviour policy.
- Assisting with the assessment and monitoring of student progress, providing feedback to the class teacher.
To be considered for this role, we are looking for candidates who possess the following qualifications and qualities:
- HLTA qualification or equivalent experience in a similar role.
- Previous experience working with students with special educational needs is highly desirable.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build positive relationships with students, parents, and colleagues.
- Flexibility in working hours, as both full-time and part-time availability will be considered.
- A genuine passion for working with children and a commitment to their overall development and well-being.
In return for your dedication and commitment, we offer a competitive salary and a supportive working environment. This is an excellent opportunity to join our local SEN school and potentially secure a direct contract later in the year.
If you are interested in this position or want to find out more, email Steph at firstname.lastname@example.org or ‘apply for job’ at the top of the page to submit your details.
Zest Education are an REC audited agency and are dedicated to safeguarding children. All candidates must hold an enhanced DBS (or allow us to process one for you) and be registered to the DBS Update Service, be able to provide references to cover the last two years and successfully pass all other necessary safeguarding checks prior to clearance for work.
Salary is dependent on experience, training, or qualifications. The minimum experience, training, or qualifications required for this position are recent school-based experience (within the last 5 years within a school that teaches the British Curriculum) and/or care-based experience within the last 5 years.
The role advertised is for temporary supply work.
We receive new jobs and positions on a daily basis so keep up to date with us on our social media pages too:
Zest Education – small consultancy friendliness with big agency experience.