Zest is recruiting for a classroom assistant role at a rapidly improving school in Quinton, Birmingham. The learning support role will be full-time, working in the Y3 class, starting in the October 2023 and continuing until July 2023.
This busy primary school is a 3-form entry which has a supportive and inclusive ethos across all year groups. The school has a strong focus on developing independent individuals and improving academic results.
The successful LSA must:
- Hold an NVQ Level 2 qualification (or above) in a relevant childcare subject
- Have a strong work ethic and positive attitude
- Be able to engage and support a broad range of pupils
- Demonstrate a good understanding of the national curriculum
- Have a calm and approachable manner
- Be able to maintain and implement high standards
What the role will involve:
- Working within a busy primary school
- Be able to work on a 1-1 basis to support additional needs
- Supporting children with core subjects within small groups
- Adapting your role to the needs of individual children
If you have previous experience working with phonics and ‘Read Write inc’ then this would be advantageous but is not essential.
If you are interested in this position or want to find out more, email us on firstname.lastname@example.org or ‘apply for job’ at the top of the page to submit your details.
Zest Education are an REC audited agency and are dedicated to safeguarding children. All candidates must hold an enhanced DBS (or allow us to process one for you) and be registered to the DBS Update Service, be able to provide references to cover the last two years and successfully pass all other necessary safeguarding checks prior to clearance for work.
Salary is dependent on experience, training, or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are: Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) and recent school-based experience (teaching within a school teaching the British Curriculum).
The role advertised is for temporary supply work.
We receive new jobs and positions daily so keep up to date with us on our social media pages too:
Zest Education – small consultancy friendliness with big agency experience.