Zest Education is currently seeking a dedicated and passionate Learning Support Assistant to join a reputable school in Shirley. This is a full-time position, with immediate start availability. The successful candidate will have experience working with children and young people with Autism Spectrum Condition (ASC) and Social, Emotional and Mental Health Needs (SEMH), within the age range of 4 to 19.
– Provide one-to-one support for students with ASC and SEMH
– Assist in implementing individual education plans and behaviour management strategies
– Support students in accessing the curriculum and engaging in learning activities
– Promote a positive and inclusive learning environment
– Collaborate with teachers and other professionals to enhance student development
– Monitor and track student progress, providing feedback as necessary
– Previous experience working with children and young people with ASC and SEMH
– Understanding of effective behaviour management techniques
– Ability to build rapport and establish positive relationships with students
– Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
– Patience, empathy, and a genuine passion for supporting student well-being and development
– Relevant qualifications in education or special needs (desirable)
If you are a motivated and compassionate individual who is committed to making a difference in the lives of students with ASC and SEMH, we would love to hear from you. This is a rewarding opportunity to contribute to the growth and success of young learners in a supportive and nurturing environment.
If you are interested in this position or want to find out more, email Anthony at firstname.lastname@example.org or ‘apply for job’ at the top of the page to submit your details.
Zest Education are an REC audited agency and are dedicated to safeguarding children. All candidates must hold an enhanced DBS (or allow us to process one for you) and be registered to the DBS Update Service, be able to provide references to cover the last two years and successfully pass all other necessary safeguarding checks prior to clearance for work.
Salary is dependent on experience, training, or qualifications. The minimum experience, training, or qualifications required for this position are recent school-based experience (within the last 5 years within a school that teaches the British Curriculum) and/or care-based experience within the last 5 years.
The role advertised is for temporary supply work.
We receive new jobs and positions on a daily basis so keep up to date with us on our social media pages too:
Zest Education – small consultancy friendliness with big agency experience.