Zest_Education Zest Education
Zest Education has recently partnered with a Multi Academy Trust in Solihull, and three of their schools will have an ongoing need for reliable Cover Supervisors to join them on a part-time or full-time basis for autumn term and beyond.
These positions are extremely popular with people who have an interest in education, working with young people, gaining classroom experience or have recently graduated.
Having the following attributes will be a big advantage in a classroom setting.
– Hard working
– A strong communicator
– A sense of humour
The role is fun, varied and rewarding, and as follows:
Working as a cover supervisor can be extremely rewarding, as well as demanding. There is a high level of responsibility and although there is always a teacher close at hand if needed, there is also a large amount of autonomy.
A cover supervisor is likely to be used for short-term absences of a teacher. These might be known in advance (for example, where a teacher has a medical appointment or is undergoing professional development) or unexpected (for example, absence due to illness)
On a daily basis, cover supervision will include:
– Supervising work that has been set in accordance with the school policy
– Managing the behavior of pupils whilst they are undertaking this work to ensure a constructive environment
– Responding to any questions from pupils about process and procedures;
– Dealing with any immediate problems or emergencies according to the school’s policies and procedures
– Collecting any completed work after the lesson and returning it to the appropriate teacher
– Reporting back on the behavior of pupils during the class, using the school’s agreed referral procedures
The working day is always during school hours and term time only.
Plus you get paid for the privilege! Anything between £65 and £80 per day, subject to experience and level of responsibility.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to hear from you, so why not send your details over right away! This year has been incredibly busy for us, so we are confident of keeping you in work.
For more information about this role, to learn about similar roles, or to keep up to date on education related news, follow us on Twitter @Zest_Education
NB: All necessary safeguarding checks will be carried out, prior to commencement of work. This includes references to cover the last two years, and a fully enhanced DBS.