Zest Education is collaborating with a welcoming primary school in Telford to recruit a passionate and diligent Teaching Assistant to become a part of their committed team and work part-time in a Year 1 Class. This position can begin right after the February half term and will continue till the end of the academic year. You will be required to work 3 days a week, 8:30am till 3:30pm.
This school works hard to create a positive environment to ensure children flourish and show their true potential. They provide a high standard of curriculum and educational experiences. The ideal candidate should be able to support the teacher in delivering engaging lessons. You must be able motivate the children within their classwork and encourage them to interact in activities and with the class.
As a Year 1 Teaching Assistant you will be required to:
- Support the classroom teacher and prepare resources for learning activities and assist pupils in their use.
- Uphold policies and procedures relating to safeguarding, child protection, data protection and behaviour management/pupil conduct.
- Develop solid relationships with students, teachers, and parents to provide feedback on the development and accomplishment of the students.
- Motivate students to participate in activities and engage with the class as well as promoting their independence.
You will need to have:
- The ability to demonstrate active listening skills and strong communication skills.
- A good understanding of the national curriculum and child development.
- A genuine passion for having a positive impact on children’s education as well as continuing your personal and professional development.
- Relevant experience in an educational setting around children.
- An enhanced DBS or the desire to obtain one.
- The ability to work effectively both independently and within a coordinated team.
If you are interested in this position or want to find out more, email Madison at email@example.com or ‘apply for job’ at the top of the page to submit your details.
Zest Education are an REC audited agency and are dedicated to safeguarding children. All candidates must hold an enhanced DBS (or allow us to process one for you) and be registered to the DBS Update Service, be able to provide references to cover the last two years and successfully pass all other necessary safeguarding checks prior to clearance for work.
Salary is dependent on experience, training, or qualifications. The minimum experience, training, or qualifications required for this position are recent school-based experience (within the last 5 years within a school that teaches the British Curriculum) and/or care-based experience within the last 5 years.
The role advertised is for temporary supply work.
We receive new jobs and positions on a daily basis so keep up to date with us on our social media pages too:
Zest Education – small consultancy friendliness with big agency experience.