Are you looking for the opportunity to support children with special educational needs? Zest is currently recruiting for a part-time SEND Classroom Support Assistant (CSA) on a long-term basis, that could potentially lead to a permanent position, on behalf of a school based in North Warwick. The role will be starting in February 2024 – the ideal candidate must be available to work Monday – Wednesday each week.
The school caters for students who have moderate learning difficulties (MLD) to profound and multiple learning difficulties (PMLD) between the ages of 4yo-19yo. The successful SEND Classroom Support Assistant will have previous experience supporting individuals of a similar nature.
Responsibilities of the SEND Classroom Support Assistant role include:
- Creating a safe and inclusive learning environment
- Supporting on a 1:1, 1:2 and small group basis
- Encouraging students’ contribution and engagement to the lessons
- Assisting the class teacher in planning and delivering tailored educational activities
- Aiding students with personal care needs
Requirements of the SEND Classroom Support Assistant role include:
- A patient and empathetic approach to working with young people with special educational needs
- Understanding that all student’s needs are unique and being able to adapt to support as necessary
- Sound knowledge of the specific needs and challenges associated with MLD to PMLD
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
If you are interested in this position or want to find out more, email Chris at firstname.lastname@example.org or ‘apply for job’ at the top of the page to submit your details.
Zest Education are an REC audited agency and are dedicated to safeguarding children. All candidates must hold an enhanced DBS (or allow us to process one for you) and be registered to the DBS Update Service, be able to provide references to cover the last two years and successfully pass all other necessary safeguarding checks prior to clearance for work.
Salary is dependent on experience, training, or qualifications. The minimum experience, training, or qualifications required for this position are recent school-based experience (within the last 5 years within a school that teaches the British Curriculum) and/or care-based experience within the last 5 years.
The role advertised is for temporary supply work.
We receive new jobs and positions on a daily basis so keep up to date with us on our social media pages too:
Zest Education – small consultancy friendliness with big agency experience.