Are you looking for a role aiding the learning experience of students with special educational requirements? Zest is currently recruiting for a full-time SEND Classroom Support Assistant on a long-term basis until the end of the academic year on behalf of a school based in North Coventry. The role will be available as soon as possible for the right candidate.
This school caters for students 11yo – 19yo with a range of needs including autism spectrum condition (ASC) and sensory impairments. The ideal SEND Classroom Support Assistant will have experience supporting individuals with similar conditions previously or have experience in a similar environment.
Responsibilities of the SEND Classroom Support Assistant role include:
- Offering 1:1, 1:2 support and aiding in all areas of the curriculum
- Implementing individualised education plans and behaviour management strategies
- Promoting a positive learning environment and encouraging pupil engagement
- Contributing to the student’s personal, social and emotional development
Requirements of the SEND Classroom Support Assistant role include:
- Patience and resilience when faced with challenging situations
- Building rapport and working collaboratively with multi-agency professionals
- A genuine passion for working with young people with special educational needs
- Effective communication and strong personal skills
If you are interested in this position or want to find out more, email Chris at firstname.lastname@example.org or ‘apply for job’ at the top of the page to submit your details.
Zest Education are an REC audited agency and are dedicated to safeguarding children. All candidates must hold an enhanced DBS (or allow us to process one for you) and be registered to the DBS Update Service, be able to provide references to cover the last two years and successfully pass all other necessary safeguarding checks prior to clearance for work.
Salary is dependent on experience, training, or qualifications. The minimum experience, training, or qualifications required for this position are recent school-based experience (within the last 5 years within a school that teaches the British Curriculum) and/or care-based experience within the last 5 years.
The role advertised is for temporary supply work.
We receive new jobs and positions on a daily basis so keep up to date with us on our social media pages too:
Zest Education – small consultancy friendliness with big agency experience.