Are you passionate about making a positive impact on the lives of students with Autism? Zest Education is currently recruiting for a full-time SEND 1:1 Learning Support Assistant (LSA) on behalf of a school in South Leicester for the remainder of the academic year, with a potential requirement beyond that. The role will be starting as soon as possible for the right candidate.
The ideal SEND 1:1 Learning Support Assistant will be expected to provide tailored support for a 14y/o student with Autism (ASC) and Social, Emotional and Health difficulties (SEMH). Due to the needs of the student, the ideal individual will have experience in supporting individuals with SEND and is confident with their behaviour management.
Responsibilities of the SEND 1:1 Learning Support Assistant role include:
- Working closely with the student within a full class setting
- Ensuring that the student remains focused and engaged while participating in activities
- Creating a safe and inclusive learning environment
- Monitoring, recording and providing feedback to the class teacher regarding student’s progress
Requirements of the SEND 1:1 Learning Support Assistant role include:
- The individual must be committed to ensure the students’ progress and happiness are put first
- Previous experience supporting individuals with special educational needs is desirable
- Must be confident with managing challenging behaviour
- The individual will be prepared to be flexible as there may be occasions where you will be required to assist with other students
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
If you are interested in this position or want to find out more, email Chris at email@example.com or ‘apply for job’ at the top of the page to submit your details.
Zest Education are an REC audited agency and are dedicated to safeguarding children. All candidates must hold an enhanced DBS (or allow us to process one for you) and be registered to the DBS Update Service, be able to provide references to cover the last two years and successfully pass all other necessary safeguarding checks prior to clearance for work.
Salary is dependent on experience, training, or qualifications. The minimum experience, training, or qualifications required for this position are recent school-based experience (within the last 5 years within a school that teaches the British Curriculum) and/or care-based experience within the last 5 years.
The role advertised is for temporary supply work.
We receive new jobs and positions on a daily basis so keep up to date with us on our social media pages too:
Zest Education – small consultancy friendliness with big agency experience.