Are you passionate about making a positive impact on the lives of SEND pupils? Do you have experience working with children in a school setting? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you!
Zest Education is currently seeking a dedicated and enthusiastic full-time Teaching Assistant to join a sought-after school in Erdington. This role involves working alongside a number of SEND pupils in KS1, providing them with the support they need to thrive in their educational journey.
– Assist the class teacher in delivering tailored educational programs for SEND pupils
– Provide one-on-one support to individual students, ensuring their learning needs are met
– Help create a nurturing and inclusive classroom environment
– Support students with their daily routines, including personal care and hygiene, if required
– Collaborate with the teaching team and other professionals to develop and implement strategies for student progress
Qualifications and Experience:
– Previous experience working as a Teaching Assistant or in a similar role is desirable
– A genuine passion for working with SEND pupils and helping them reach their full potential
– Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
– Patience, adaptability, and the ability to remain calm in challenging situations
– Knowledge of relevant teaching strategies and resources for SEND pupils
– A relevant qualification, such as a Level 2 or Level 3 Teaching Assistant certificate, is preferred
The school is dedicated to providing a supportive and inclusive learning environment for all students. They have a strong commitment to professional development and offer opportunities for growth and progression within the role.
This is a long-term position starting in February 2024, with the potential for further extension. The working hours are full-time, following the standard school timetable.
If you are interested in this position or want to find out more, email Faye at firstname.lastname@example.org or ‘apply for job’ at the top of the page to submit your details.
Zest Education are an REC audited agency and are dedicated to safeguarding children. All candidates must hold an enhanced DBS (or allow us to process one for you) and be registered to the DBS Update Service, be able to provide references to cover the last two years and successfully pass all other necessary safeguarding checks prior to clearance for work.
Salary is dependent on experience, training, or qualifications. The minimum experience, training, or qualifications required for this position are recent school-based experience (within the last 5 years within a school that teaches the British Curriculum) and/or care-based experience within the last 5 years.
The role advertised is for temporary supply work.
We receive new jobs and positions on a daily basis so keep up to date with us on our social media pages too:
Zest Education – small consultancy friendliness with big agency experience.