Are you currently looking for a job opportunity in the special educational needs sector, Zest is currently recruiting for a full-time SEND teaching assistant to cover short-term for a few weeks on behalf of a school based in East Leicester. The role will be starting in late February 2024 for the correct candidate.
The school caters for students aged 4yo-19yo with a range of special educational needs including autism spectrum condition (ASC), profound and multiple learning disabilities (PMLD) and physical disabilities. The ideal teaching assistant will have experience in a similar environment or transferable skills suited to the role supporting the students’ needs.
The responsibilities of the SEND teaching assistant role include:
- Creating a safe and nurturing environment, allowing students to express themselves
- Supporting class teacher in creating a high-quality learning experience
- Adapting to each student’s individual educational plans and offering guidance when the students need it
- Monitoring and recording student progress to feedback to class teacher and parents
The requirements of the SEND teaching assistant role include:
- Being enthusiastic about working with young people with special educational needs
- Ability to work alongside the class teacher to effectively implement their lesson plans
- Demonstrating patience with each student and supporting their individual needs
- Effective communication and strong interpersonal skills
If you are interested in this position or want to find out more, email Chris at email@example.com or ‘apply for job’ at the top of the page to submit your details.
Zest Education are an REC audited agency and are dedicated to safeguarding children. All candidates must hold an enhanced DBS (or allow us to process one for you) and be registered to the DBS Update Service, be able to provide references to cover the last two years and successfully pass all other necessary safeguarding checks prior to clearance for work.
Salary is dependent on experience, training, or qualifications. The minimum experience, training, or qualifications required for this position are recent school-based experience (within the last 5 years within a school that teaches the British Curriculum) and/or care-based experience within the last 5 years.
The role advertised is for temporary supply work.
We receive new jobs and positions on a daily basis so keep up to date with us on our social media pages too:
Zest Education – small consultancy friendliness with big agency experience.