Are you passionate about supporting students with special educational needs? Zest is currently recruiting for a full-time SEND Teaching Assistant to cover on a long-term basis for the remainder of the academic year on behalf of a school based in Southeast Coventry. The role is starting as soon as possible for the correct candidate.
This school caters for students between the ages of 11yo – 19yo with profound and multiple learning disabilities (PMLD), speech, language, and communication needs (SLCN) and physical sensory impairments. The SEND Teaching Assistant will ideally have experience supporting individuals with similar conditions previously.
Responsibilities of the SEND Teaching Assistant role include:
- Assisting the class teacher to provide engaging lesson plans
- Providing 1:1 and 1:2 support when required
- Encouraging students’ contribution and engagement to the lessons
- Promoting a safe learning environment and aiding pupils to reach their full potential
Requirements of the SEND Teaching Assistant role include:
- A patient and empathetic approach to working with young people with special educational needs
- Understanding that all student’s needs are different and the adapting when necessary
- Ability to work to the class teacher requirements and supporting the implementation of the lesson plans
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
If you are interested in this position or want to find out more, email Chris at email@example.com or ‘apply for job’ at the top of the page to submit your details.
Zest Education are an REC audited agency and are dedicated to safeguarding children. All candidates must hold an enhanced DBS (or allow us to process one for you) and be registered to the DBS Update Service, be able to provide references to cover the last two years and successfully pass all other necessary safeguarding checks prior to clearance for work.
Salary is dependent on experience, training, or qualifications. The minimum experience, training, or qualifications required for this position are recent school-based experience (within the last 5 years within a school that teaches the British Curriculum) and/or care-based experience within the last 5 years.
The role advertised is for temporary supply work.
We receive new jobs and positions on a daily basis so keep up to date with us on our social media pages too:
Zest Education – small consultancy friendliness with big agency experience.