Are you currently looking for a rewarding job opportunity to support young people with special educational needs? Zest is currently recruiting for a full-time SEND Teaching Assistant on a short-term basis, which could potentially extend to a long-term role, on behalf of a school in Southeast Leicester. The role will be starting in early March 2024 for the correct candidate.
This school caters for children between the ages of 4yo-11yo who have autism spectrum disorder (ASD). The successful SEND Teaching Assistant will have experience working with young people with a similar nature or have experience in a similar setting.
Responsibilities of the SEND Teaching Assistant role include:
- Assisting the teacher to provide tailored lesson plans to meet the needs of students
- Supporting pupils on a 1:1 and 1:2 basis
- Encouraging pupils to participate in class discussions and activities
- Supporting students to develop their social and emotional skills
Requirements of the SEND Teaching Assistant role include:
- Knowledge of ASD and strategies to support students
- Ability to collaborate with teachers and other professionals for the benefit of the students
- A patient and empathetic approach to working with children and young people with SEND
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
If you are interested in this position or want to find out more, email Chris at firstname.lastname@example.org or ‘apply for job’ at the top of the page to submit your details.
Zest Education are an REC audited agency and are dedicated to safeguarding children. All candidates must hold an enhanced DBS (or allow us to process one for you) and be registered to the DBS Update Service, be able to provide references to cover the last two years and successfully pass all other necessary safeguarding checks prior to clearance for work.
Salary is dependent on experience, training, or qualifications. The minimum experience, training, or qualifications required for this position are recent school-based experience (within the last 5 years within a school that teaches the British Curriculum) and/or care-based experience within the last 5 years.
The role advertised is for temporary supply work.
We receive new jobs and positions on a daily basis so keep up to date with us on our social media pages too:
Zest Education – small consultancy friendliness with big agency experience.