Are you an experienced Teaching Assistant looking for a rewarding opportunity to support students with special educational needs? Zest is currently recruiting for a full-time SEND Teaching Assistant on a long-term basis on behalf of a school in North Leicester. The role will be starting in late February 2024 for the correct candidate.
This school caters for students between the ages of 11yo-19yo with moderate learning difficulties (MLD). The successful SEND Teaching Assistant will have experience with individuals of a similar nature.
Responsibilities of the SEND Teaching Assistant role include:
- Creating a safe classroom environment allowing students to express themselves
- Providing support on a 1:1, 1:2 and group basis, supporting classroom work and activities
- Assisting in implementing individual educational plans and behaviour management strategies
- Reporting back to the class teacher on student progress
Requirements of the SEND Teaching Assistant role include:
- Patience, empathy, and a genuine passion for helping children with special educational needs
- Ability to build a rapport and establish positive relationships with students
- Aiding students with personal care assistance when needed
- Effective communication and strong interpersonal skills
If you are interested in this position or want to find out more, email Chris at firstname.lastname@example.org or ‘apply for job’ at the top of the page to submit your details.
Zest Education are an REC audited agency and are dedicated to safeguarding children. All candidates must hold an enhanced DBS (or allow us to process one for you) and be registered to the DBS Update Service, be able to provide references to cover the last two years and successfully pass all other necessary safeguarding checks prior to clearance for work.
Salary is dependent on experience, training, or qualifications. The minimum experience, training, or qualifications required for this position are recent school-based experience (within the last 5 years within a school that teaches the British Curriculum) and/or care-based experience within the last 5 years.
The role advertised is for temporary supply work.
We receive new jobs and positions on a daily basis so keep up to date with us on our social media pages too:
Zest Education – small consultancy friendliness with big agency experience.