Are you a passionate and dedicated teacher looking for a rewarding opportunity to make a difference in the lives of students with special educational needs? Zest Education is seeking a qualified teacher to join an outstanding school in the beautiful city of Lichfield.
As a Special Educational Needs Teacher, you will play a vital role in creating a supportive and inclusive learning environment for students with autism, social, emotional, and mental health difficulties. This role will commence in January 2024 and continue on a long-term basis for the full academic year, with the potential for a permanent position for the right candidate.
- Plan, prepare, and deliver engaging lessons that cater to the individual needs of students with special educational needs
- Create a safe and nurturing classroom environment that promotes positive behaviour and emotional well-being
- Implement effective strategies for managing classroom dynamics and ensuring a productive learning experience for all students
- Collaborate with other teachers, support staff, and external professionals to develop personalized learning plans and interventions
- Monitor and assess student progress, providing constructive feedback and implementing strategies for improvement
- Foster positive relationships with students, parents, and caregivers, maintaining open lines of communication to support student development
- Maintain accurate records and documentation in line with school policies and procedures
- Qualified teacher status (QTS) or equivalent certification
- Experience or knowledge of working with students with special educational needs, particularly autism, social, emotional, and mental health difficulties
- Strong classroom management skills and the ability to create a supportive and inclusive learning environment
- Excellent organization and time-management skills to effectively plan and deliver lessons
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills to build positive relationships with students, parents, and colleagues
- Commitment to continuous professional development and keeping up-to-date with best practices in special education
If you are a passionate and dedicated teacher who is ready to make a positive impact on the lives of students with special educational needs, we would love to hear from you.
Zest Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
If you are interested in this position or want to find out more, email Steph at email@example.com or ‘apply for job’ at the top of the page to submit your details.
Zest Education are an REC audited agency and are dedicated to safeguarding children. All candidates must hold an enhanced DBS (or allow us to process one for you) and be registered to the DBS Update Service, be able to provide references to cover the last two years and successfully pass all other necessary safeguarding checks prior to clearance for work.
Salary is dependent on experience, training, or qualifications. The minimum experience, training, or qualifications required for this position are recent school-based experience (within the last 5 years within a school that teaches the British Curriculum) and/or care-based experience within the last 5 years.
The role advertised is for temporary supply work.
We receive new jobs and positions on a daily basis so keep up to date with us on our social media pages too:
Zest Education – small consultancy friendliness with big agency experience.