Zest Education are seeking a Biology Teacher to join a successful science department at a reputable Secondary School in the Harborne area. The position offers flexibility between a full-time and part-time role, allowing for a work-life balance that suits the needs of the candidate. The role is due to commence in January 2024, and has the potential to run for the rest of the academic year.
– Plan, prepare and deliver high-quality Biology lessons to students in line with the curriculum
– Create engaging and interactive learning experiences to inspire student interest and achievement in Biology
– Assess and provide feedback on student progress, and adapt teaching methods to meet individual needs
– Collaborate with colleagues within the science department to share best practices and resources
– Contribute to the continued development and improvement of the Biology curriculum
– Participate in departmental meetings and other school-related events as required
– Qualified teacher status (QTS) or equivalent in Biology or a related science subject
– Prior experience teaching Biology at the secondary school level is preferred, but newly qualified teachers are also encouraged to apply
– Strong subject knowledge and understanding of the national curriculum for Biology
– Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
– Exceptional organisational and time-management abilities
– Flexibility to adapt to the needs of the department and the school
The Secondary School has a reputation for delivering high-quality teaching and fostering an environment of academic excellence. The science department is particularly successful, with dedicated teachers who are committed to inspiring their students and promoting a passion for science. The school provides a supportive and collaborative working environment, with opportunities for professional growth and development.
If you are a passionate Biology teacher looking for a flexible role in a well-established department, apply now.
If you are interested in this position or want to find out more, email Lucy at firstname.lastname@example.org or ‘apply for job’ at the top of the page to submit your details.
Zest Education are an REC audited agency and are dedicated to safeguarding children. All candidates must hold an enhanced DBS (or allow us to process one for you) and be registered to the DBS Update Service, be able to provide references to cover the last two years and successfully pass all other necessary safeguarding checks prior to clearance for work.
Salary is dependent on experience, training, or qualifications. The minimum experience, training, or qualifications required for this position are recent school-based experience (within the last 5 years within a school that teaches the British Curriculum) and/or care-based experience within the last 5 years.
The role advertised is for temporary supply work.
We receive new jobs and positions on a daily basis so keep up to date with us on our social media pages too:
Zest Education – small consultancy friendliness with big agency experience.