Zest Education are recruiting for a full time English Teacher to join the team at a secondary school in the Staffordshire area. Set to start ASAP, the role is 0.6 until Christmas with the likelihood to be extended.
The school have had a significant investment in the buildings and the resources to bring the school into modern times. This improvement into the infrastructure has allowed lessons to be more creative and interactive leading achievement levels to rise with the majority of students getting 6’s and 7’s in their GCSE’s last year.
The ideal candidate should have excellent classroom and behavioural management and a passion for education young people. Subject knowledge at KS3 and KS4 is essential with some subject knowledge at KS5 being advantageous.
The ideal applicant should have the following:
- A PGCE or equivalent UK teaching qualification that has awarded them QTS or QTLS
- An enthusiasm for English as a subject and a strong subject knowledge across KS3 and KS4 (KS5 not required but would be advantageous).
- The desire to be involved with the wider English teaching department.
- The ability to plan, mark and deliver high quality lessons (planning and marking is only applicable for short- or long-term placements).
- The ability to manage behaviour and the general classroom.2
If you are interested in this position or want to find out more, email firstname.lastname@example.org or ‘apply for job’ at the top of the page to submit your details.
Zest Education are an REC audited agency and are dedicated to safeguarding children. All candidates must hold an enhanced DBS (or allow us to process one for you) and be registered to the DBS Update Service, be able to provide references to cover the last two years and successfully pass all other necessary safeguarding checks prior to clearance for work.
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are: Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) and recent school-based experience (teaching within a school teaching the British Curriculum).
The role advertised is for temporary supply work.
We receive new jobs and positions on a daily basis so keep up to date with us on our social media pages too:
Zest Education – small consultancy friendliness with big agency experience.