Zest Education are currently seeking an experienced Food Technology Teacher to join a secondary school in the Hall Green area. The successful candidate will be responsible for delivering high-quality food preparation lessons and maintaining classroom behaviour. This is a full time role due to commence in April 2024. The role is due to run until the end of the academic year, with possibility of further extension.
Responsibilities will include:
– Planning and delivering engaging and informative lessons on Food Technology
– Demonstrating practical skills in food preparation techniques
– Assisting students in developing their cooking skills and knowledge of nutrition
– Creating a positive learning environment where students feel motivated and supported
– Managing classroom behaviour and ensuring students follow health and safety guidelines
– Assessing students’ progress through assignments, tests, and practical assessments
– Providing feedback and support to students to help them improve their skills
– Collaborating with colleagues to develop and implement curriculum plans
– Staying updated on the latest developments in food technology and sharing this knowledge with students
Qualifications and requirements:
– Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) or equivalent
– Strong knowledge and expertise in Food Technology
– Passion for teaching and inspiring young people
– Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
– Ability to engage and motivate students of diverse abilities
– Organisational and time management skills
– Experience teaching at secondary level
If you are interested in this position or want to find out more, email Lucy at firstname.lastname@example.org or ‘apply for job’ at the top of the page to submit your details.
Zest Education are an REC audited agency and are dedicated to safeguarding children. All candidates must hold an enhanced DBS (or allow us to process one for you) and be registered to the DBS Update Service, be able to provide references to cover the last two years and successfully pass all other necessary safeguarding checks prior to clearance for work.
Salary is dependent on experience, training, or qualifications. The minimum experience, training, or qualifications required for this position are recent school-based experience (within the last 5 years within a school that teaches the British Curriculum) and/or care-based experience within the last 5 years.
The role advertised is for temporary supply work.
We receive new jobs and positions on a daily basis so keep up to date with us on our social media pages too:
Zest Education – small consultancy friendliness with big agency experience.