Zest Education are seeking a Teacher of Social Sciences to join a fantastic secondary school in the Moseley area. The successful candidate will be predominantly teaching Sociology, but is expected to have knowledge of other social science subjects such as criminology and health and social care. This is a full-time role where planning and marking will be required. The role is due to commence in April 2024 and will run until the end of the academic year.
– Plan and deliver high-quality social science lessons to students across KS4 and KS5.
– Create engaging and interactive learning experiences that cater to the diverse needs of students.
– Monitor and assess student progress, providing timely feedback and guidance.
– Maintain accurate records of student attendance, achievements, and behaviour.
– Stay updated with the latest research and developments in the field of Sociology and related subjects.
– Participate in departmental meetings and professional development activities.
– Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) or equivalent.
– Degree in Sociology or a related discipline.
– Experience teaching Sociology at GCSE and A-Level.
– Knowledge of other social science subjects such as criminology and health and social care is desirable.
– Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
– Ability to effectively manage classroom behaviour and create a positive learning environment.
– Excellent organisational and time management skills.
The school is renowned for its high standards and provides an excellent environment for both staff and students. They offer ongoing support and professional development opportunities to ensure that their teachers continue to grow and excel in their roles. Sociology is an extremely popular subject at the school, with many students choosing it across GCSE and A-Level.
If you are interested in this position or want to find out more, email Lucy at email@example.com or ‘apply for job’ at the top of the page to submit your details.
Zest Education are an REC audited agency and are dedicated to safeguarding children. All candidates must hold an enhanced DBS (or allow us to process one for you) and be registered to the DBS Update Service, be able to provide references to cover the last two years and successfully pass all other necessary safeguarding checks prior to clearance for work.
Salary is dependent on experience, training, or qualifications. The minimum experience, training, or qualifications required for this position are recent school-based experience (within the last 5 years within a school that teaches the British Curriculum) and/or care-based experience within the last 5 years.
The role advertised is for temporary supply work.
We receive new jobs and positions on a daily basis so keep up to date with us on our social media pages too:
Zest Education – small consultancy friendliness with big agency experience.