Zest Education are seeking a dedicated and experienced Teacher of Sociology to join an excellent secondary school in the Halesowen area. This is a full-time role where planning and marking will be required, and the successful candidate must have experience teaching students up to KS5 level. The role is due to commence in April 2024 and will run until the end of the academic year.
– Plan and deliver engaging Sociology lessons to KS5 students.
– Create a positive and inclusive learning environment.
– Develop and implement curriculum plans and schemes of work.
– Assess student progress and provide constructive feedback.
– Provide additional support and guidance to students when necessary.
– Monitor and track student achievement and provide timely reports.
– Collaborate with colleagues to ensure consistency in teaching methods and approaches.
– Attend staff meetings and participate in professional development activities.
– Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) in Sociology or a related subject.
– Relevant teaching experience in Sociology at secondary level.
– Strong knowledge of the Sociology curriculum.
– Excellent classroom management skills.
– Ability to effectively plan and deliver engaging lessons.
– Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
If you are interested in this position or want to find out more, email Lucy at email@example.com or ‘apply for job’ at the top of the page to submit your details.
Zest Education are an REC audited agency and are dedicated to safeguarding children. All candidates must hold an enhanced DBS (or allow us to process one for you) and be registered to the DBS Update Service, be able to provide references to cover the last two years and successfully pass all other necessary safeguarding checks prior to clearance for work.
Salary is dependent on experience, training, or qualifications. The minimum experience, training, or qualifications required for this position are recent school-based experience (within the last 5 years within a school that teaches the British Curriculum) and/or care-based experience within the last 5 years.
The role advertised is for temporary supply work.
We receive new jobs and positions on a daily basis so keep up to date with us on our social media pages too:
Zest Education – small consultancy friendliness with big agency experience.