We are currently recruiting for several Teaching Assistant roles for a special educational needs (SEND) school located in Stoke-on-Trent. This position is due to begin ASAP and will continue for the full academic year. You must be able to work the hours Monday to Friday, 8:30 to 15:30.
This school provides education for pupils with social, emotional, and mental health difficulties (SEMH), catering for students from the age of 4-19.
This schools mission is to empower young minds and nurture futures, ensuring that every students reaches their full potential. The school are seeking committed individuals who will strive to maintain this goal.
As a Teaching Assistant you will be working with the students on a 1:1 basis and in small groups. Supporting the students can sometimes be challenging, mental and physical resilience are qualities necessary for all our staff.
- All class sizes are small throughout this school with a maximum of 8 student in each class
- You will receive support from an enthusiastic and dedicated team who will work alongside you in the classroom
- Must have confidence, enthusiasm and passion for learning
- Ability to build good working relationships with children, teachers, parents and carers
- Experience of working with children with special educational needs (SEND) or have experience within a care setting
- Ability to promote positive behaviour in a nurturing environment is essential
If you are interested in this position or want to find out more, email Steph at firstname.lastname@example.org or ‘apply for job’ at the top of the page to submit your details.
Zest Education are an REC audited agency and are dedicated to safeguarding children. All candidates must hold an enhanced DBS (or allow us to process one for you) and be registered to the DBS Update Service, be able to provide references to cover the last two years and successfully pass all other necessary safeguarding checks prior to clearance for work.
Salary is dependent on experience, training, or qualifications. The minimum experience, training, or qualifications required for this position are recent school-based experience (within the last 5 years within a school that teaches the British Curriculum) and/or care-based experience within the last 5 years.
The role advertised is for temporary supply work.
We receive new jobs and positions on a daily basis so keep up to date with us on our social media pages too:
Zest Education – small consultancy friendliness with big agency experience.