Are you passionate about making a positive impact on the lives of children with special needs? Zest is currently seeking a dedicated and compassionate individual to join a school in Solihull as a full-time Teaching Assistant.
In this rewarding role, you will have the opportunity to work on a one-to-one basis with a child with Downs Syndrome, providing them with the support and guidance they need to thrive academically and emotionally. Your patience, understanding, and ability to remain calm in stressful situations will be essential to creating a nurturing environment for the child to learn and grow.
As a successful candidate, you will possess a deep understanding of the unique needs and challenges faced by children with Down Syndrome. Your ability to empathise and show compassion towards their individual experiences will be crucial in fostering a supportive and inclusive learning environment.
– Work closely with the child on a one-to-one basis, assisting them with their daily tasks and academic work.
– Implement individualised educational plans tailored to the child’s specific needs and abilities.
– Foster a positive and inclusive learning environment that promotes the child’s personal and academic growth.
– Collaborate with the school’s teaching staff and other professionals to ensure a coordinated approach in supporting the child’s development.
– Monitor and track the child’s progress, providing regular feedback to the class teacher and parents.
– Previous experience working with children with Downs Syndrome, is highly desirable.
– Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build trusting relationships with children, parents, and colleagues.
– Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
– Patience, understanding, and the ability to remain calm in challenging situations.
– A genuine passion for working with children and making a positive impact in their lives.
– Relevant qualifications in education or special needs support are beneficial but not essential.
This is a challenging yet highly rewarding role that offers the opportunity to make a real difference. If you are dedicated, compassionate, and eager to contribute to their educational journey, we want to hear from you. The position is available for an immediate start and will continue for the foreseeable future.
If you are interested in this position or want to find out more, email Charlie at email@example.com or ‘apply for job’ at the top of the page to submit your details.
Zest Education are an REC audited agency and are dedicated to safeguarding children. All candidates must hold an enhanced DBS (or allow us to process one for you) and be registered to the DBS Update Service, be able to provide references to cover the last two years and successfully pass all other necessary safeguarding checks prior to clearance for work.
Salary is dependent on experience, training, or qualifications. The minimum experience, training, or qualifications required for this position are recent school-based experience (within the last 5 years within a school that teaches the British Curriculum) and/or care-based experience within the last 5 years.
The role advertised is for temporary supply work.
We receive new jobs and positions on a daily basis so keep up to date with us on our social media pages too:
Zest Education – small consultancy friendliness with big agency experience.