Are you an experienced Teaching Assistant looking for a new role? Zest Education is currently recruiting for a full-time SEND Teaching Assistant on behalf of a school in the Southwest of Leicester for long-term cover starting in March 2024, giving you time to prepare for this exciting opportunity.
The ideal SEND Teaching Assistant will be working in a school with an age range of 4yo – 19yo, with the individual working with students with Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties (PMLD) and/or Social, Emotional and Mental Health difficulties.
Responsibilities of the SEND Teaching Assistant role include:
- Providing guidance and a constructive learning environment to children with behaviour management plans
- Helping students overcome learning barriers to achieve success
- Collaborating with teachers and other professionals to implement Individualised Educational Plans (IEP)
- Supporting the mental health and wellbeing of the students
Requirements of the SEND Teaching Assistant role include:
- The individual having previous experience with students with special educational needs is a must
- De-escalation experience is desirable
- Assist in personal care tasks, ensuring the comfort and well-being of students
- Patience and a passion for making a positive impact on the students’ lives
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
If you are interested in this position or want to find out more, email Chris at email@example.com or ‘apply for job’ at the top of the page to submit your details.
Zest Education are an REC audited agency and are dedicated to safeguarding children. All candidates must hold an enhanced DBS (or allow us to process one for you) and be registered to the DBS Update Service, be able to provide references to cover the last two years and successfully pass all other necessary safeguarding checks prior to clearance for work.
Salary is dependent on experience, training, or qualifications. The minimum experience, training, or qualifications required for this position are recent school-based experience (within the last 5 years within a school that teaches the British Curriculum) and/or care-based experience within the last 5 years.
The role advertised is for temporary supply work.
We receive new jobs and positions on a daily basis so keep up to date with us on our social media pages too:
Zest Education – small consultancy friendliness with big agency experience.