Are you enthusiastic about making a difference in the lives of students with Special Learning Difficulties (SLD)? Zest Education is currently recruiting for a dedicated Teaching Assistant for a full-time position at a school in Edgbaston.
As a Teaching Assistant, you will be an integral part of the school community, supporting students aged between 4-19 with SLD needs. Your role will involve providing additional support to students both in and out of the classroom, assisting with their learning and social development.
– Collaborate with the classroom teacher to create a supportive and inclusive learning environment
– Assist students with SLD needs in carrying out their individual education plans
– Provide one-on-one or small group support, ensuring students’ understanding and engagement in lessons
– Help students to develop their social skills and promote positive behaviour
– Support students during break times and extracurricular activities
– Monitor and record students’ progress, highlighting areas that may require additional support
– Relevant experience working with students with SLD needs is highly desirable
– A patient and empathetic approach, with the ability to build rapport with students
– Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
– Ability to work effectively as part of a team and independently
– A genuine passion for education and supporting students’ learning and development
The position will start in February, and the successful candidate will join a dedicated team of educators committed to providing a nurturing and inclusive learning environment. If you are enthusiastic, compassionate, and dedicated to making a positive impact on the lives of students with SLD needs, we would love to hear from you.
Zest Education is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from individuals of all backgrounds. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
If you are interested in this position or want to find out more, email Anthony at email@example.com or ‘apply for job’ at the top of the page to submit your details.
Zest Education are an REC audited agency and are dedicated to safeguarding children. All candidates must hold an enhanced DBS (or allow us to process one for you) and be registered to the DBS Update Service, be able to provide references to cover the last two years and successfully pass all other necessary safeguarding checks prior to clearance for work.
Salary is dependent on experience, training, or qualifications. The minimum experience, training, or qualifications required for this position are recent school-based experience (within the last 5 years within a school that teaches the British Curriculum) and/or care-based experience within the last 5 years.
The role advertised is for temporary supply work.
We receive new jobs and positions on a daily basis so keep up to date with us on our social media pages too:
Zest Education – small consultancy friendliness with big agency experience.