Zest Education is currently recruiting for a dedicated Teaching Assistant to join a vibrant primary school in Tamworth. This exciting role will primarily involve working in Key Stage 1, facilitating small group work activities to support students’ learning and development.
To be successful in this role, you must hold a minimum of a Level 2 qualification in childcare and have recent experience working as a Teaching Assistant. Your dedication to fostering a stimulating and inclusive learning environment will be crucial in helping students reach their full potential.
Starting in February 2024 and running until the end of the academic year, this position offers a fantastic opportunity to contribute to the educational journey of young learners. You will work closely with experienced teachers, collaborating to create engaging lesson plans and providing individualised support to students when needed.
– Facilitate small group work activities, focusing on the specific needs of Key Stage 1 students.
– Collaborate with teachers to create and implement effective lesson plans.
– Provide individualised support and guidance to students during classroom activities.
– Monitor student progress and provide constructive feedback to both students and teachers.
– Foster a positive and inclusive learning environment that encourages student participation and engagement.
– Assist in the preparation and organisation of classroom materials and resources.
– Level 2 qualification or above in childcare.
– Recent experience as a Teaching Assistant, preferably in a primary school setting.
– Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
– Patience, empathy, and the ability to connect with young learners.
– A proactive and flexible approach to supporting students’ educational needs.
– An understanding of safeguarding procedures and a commitment to ensuring the well-being of students.
If you are interested in this position or want to find out more, email Jo at Joanne@zesteducation.co.uk or ‘apply for job’ at the top of the page to submit your details.
Zest Education are an REC audited agency and are dedicated to safeguarding children. All candidates must hold an enhanced DBS (or allow us to process one for you) and be registered to the DBS Update Service, be able to provide references to cover the last two years and successfully pass all other necessary safeguarding checks prior to clearance for work.
Salary is dependent on experience, training, or qualifications. The minimum experience, training, or qualifications required for this position are recent school-based experience (within the last 5 years within a school that teaches the British Curriculum) and/or care-based experience within the last 5 years.
The role advertised is for temporary supply work.
We receive new jobs and positions on a daily basis so keep up to date with us on our social media pages too:
Zest Education – small consultancy friendliness with big agency experience.