Zest Education is currently seeking a dedicated and compassionate SEND Teaching Assistant to join a team at a reputable school in Solihull. This full-time position is immediately available and offers an exciting opportunity to make a positive impact on the lives of students, aged between 4 and 19, with Social, Emotional, and Mental Health (SEMH) needs.
As a SEND Teaching Assistant, you will play a crucial role in supporting and nurturing students who may display challenging behaviours. Your dedication and commitment will contribute to creating a wonderful atmosphere and providing a safe and supportive learning environment for all students. The school’s beautiful grounds provide an excellent backdrop for an enriching educational experience.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience working with SEMH students and possess a genuine passion for helping them overcome their unique challenges. Patience, empathy, and excellent communication skills are essential for building strong relationships with students, parents, and staff members.
Being able to drive is essential that the successful candidate has a valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
– Assisting the class teacher in implementing individualized education plans for students with SEMH needs
– Supporting students in their academic, social, and emotional development
– Managing challenging behaviours in a calm and professional manner
– Liaising with parents, carers, and outside agencies to ensure a collaborative approach to supporting students
– Participating in team meetings and training sessions to enhance professional development
– Previous experience working with students with SEMH needs
– Passion for making a positive impact on students’ lives
– Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
– Patience, empathy, and resilience in dealing with challenging behaviours
– A valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle
If you are interested in this position or want to find out more, email Anthony at email@example.com or ‘apply for job’ at the top of the page to submit your details.
Zest Education are an REC audited agency and are dedicated to safeguarding children. All candidates must hold an enhanced DBS (or allow us to process one for you) and be registered to the DBS Update Service, be able to provide references to cover the last two years and successfully pass all other necessary safeguarding checks prior to clearance for work.
Salary is dependent on experience, training, or qualifications. The minimum experience, training, or qualifications required for this position are recent school-based experience (within the last 5 years within a school that teaches the British Curriculum) and/or care-based experience within the last 5 years.
The role advertised is for temporary supply work.
We receive new jobs and positions on a daily basis so keep up to date with us on our social media pages too:
Zest Education – small consultancy friendliness with big agency experience.