Zest Education is currently seeking a highly motivated and dedicated SEND Teaching Assistant to join a team at Stockland Green starting in February 2024. This is an exciting opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of students with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND).
– Provide support to students with Autism Spectrum Condition (ASC) in their academic and personal development.
– Lead interventions and deliver tailored strategies to meet the specific needs of ASC students.
– Collaborate with the teaching staff to create inclusive learning environments.
– Assist with the implementation of individual education plans (IEPs) and behaviour management strategies.
– Foster a positive and nurturing atmosphere for students with ASC.
– Monitor and record progress, providing feedback to teachers and parents/guardians.
– Work closely with other teaching assistants and support staff to ensure a cohesive approach to student support.
– Attend training sessions and professional development opportunities to enhance skills and knowledge in supporting students with ASC.
– Experience working with students with ASC or other SEND.
– Knowledge of relevant strategies and interventions to support students with ASC.
– Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
– A patient and empathetic attitude towards supporting students with ASC.
– Ability to work collaboratively with a multidisciplinary team.
– A commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
– Relevant qualifications such as NVQ Level 2 or 3 in Supporting Teaching and Learning or equivalent.
At Zest Education, we are committed to creating an inclusive and diverse workforce. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals, regardless of race, gender, disability, or age.
If you are interested in this position or want to find out more, email Anthony at Anthony@zesteducation.co.uk or ‘apply for job’ at the top of the page to submit your details.
Zest Education are an REC audited agency and are dedicated to safeguarding children. All candidates must hold an enhanced DBS (or allow us to process one for you) and be registered to the DBS Update Service, be able to provide references to cover the last two years and successfully pass all other necessary safeguarding checks prior to clearance for work.
Salary is dependent on experience, training, or qualifications. The minimum experience, training, or qualifications required for this position are recent school-based experience (within the last 5 years within a school that teaches the British Curriculum) and/or care-based experience within the last 5 years.
The role advertised is for temporary supply work.
We receive new jobs and positions on a daily basis so keep up to date with us on our social media pages too:
Zest Education – small consultancy friendliness with big agency experience.