Zest Education is currently seeking a dedicated and experienced SEND Teaching Assistant to join a school in West Bromwich. This is a full-time position, starting in February, with a focus on supporting students with Moderate Learning Difficulties (MLD) between the ages of 4 and 11.
As an SEND Teaching Assistant, you will play a vital role in creating a positive and inclusive learning environment for our students. The school offers a lovely atmosphere, although it is important to note that there may be some challenging behaviour from time to time. Therefore, we are looking for an individual who is patient, resilient, and able to effectively manage behaviour in a calm and supportive manner.
Previous experience working as a teaching assistant or in a similar role is essential for this position. The successful candidate must have a solid understanding of Individualised Teaching Plans (ITPs) and be able to adapt and differentiate learning materials to meet the diverse needs of our students.
– Provide one-on-one support to students with MLD in the classroom
– Assist the class teacher in planning and implementing tailored learning activities
– Promote positive behaviour management strategies and maintain a safe learning environment
– Monitor student progress and contribute to individualized learning plans
– Collaborate with the school’s SEND coordinator and other professionals involved in supporting students with additional needs
– Previous experience working with students with MLD or other special educational needs (SEN)
– Strong understanding of ITPs and experience in adapting learning materials
– Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
– Patience, resilience, and the ability to remain calm under challenging circumstances
– A genuine passion for supporting students with additional needs and helping them reach their full potential
If you are interested in this position or want to find out more, email Anthony at email@example.com or ‘apply for job’ at the top of the page to submit your details.
Zest Education are an REC audited agency and are dedicated to safeguarding children. All candidates must hold an enhanced DBS (or allow us to process one for you) and be registered to the DBS Update Service, be able to provide references to cover the last two years and successfully pass all other necessary safeguarding checks prior to clearance for work.
Salary is dependent on experience, training, or qualifications. The minimum experience, training, or qualifications required for this position are recent school-based experience (within the last 5 years within a school that teaches the British Curriculum) and/or care-based experience within the last 5 years.
The role advertised is for temporary supply work.
We receive new jobs and positions on a daily basis so keep up to date with us on our social media pages too:
Zest Education – small consultancy friendliness with big agency experience.