60 Questions to Ask in Your Job Interview
You may be prepared for what interviewers will ask you, but what about when you get to ask them questions? This list of 60 questions should get you started with some questions to ask to get more insight into the role, expectations, company, and culture, and make sure the role is right for you.
1. What are the next steps in the hiring process?
2. Is there anything else I can provide you with to make the process easier?
3. When can I expect to hear back from you?
4. Why is my role available?
5. What would a typical work day look like for me in this role?
6. What would my day to day responsibilities be?
7. What are the main objectives of the position?
8. What obstacles are usually met when trying to meet these objectives?
9. How will I fit into the team?
10. How would I benefit your company?
11. Will there be opportunities for advancement?
12. Would I be doing any training?
13. What are the different career paths?
14. Where do you see me in 5 years?
15. What aspirations do you have for me?
16. What are the growth prospects?
17. What is used to measure my success in the role?
18. What can I expect in terms of support?
19. How would you describe the company culture?
20. Where do you see the company in 10 years time?
21. What are the company’s future plans?
22. What is the team like?
23. What do you like best about working here?
24. How would you describe the work environment?
25. Can you tell me more about the company?
26. How many others are there in the team? and what are their roles?
27. What is the main thing your company expects from its employees?
28. What is the turnover of staff?
29. How do you build a good team relationship?
30. Are there any plans for expansion?
31. What is the key to success in this role?
32. Can you tell me about the team?
33. What are the biggest challenges in this role?
34. Is this role new or existing?
35. How would you describe the ideal candidate?
36. Can you describe the company in 3 words?
37. What can I expect in terms of development?
38. What does your company value the most?
39. How will my work further your company values?
40. How would you define success in this role?
41. In what area could your team improve?
42. What can you expect me to achieve in the first few months?
43. What do you enjoy most about working here?
44. Do you have any concerns about me at the moment?
45. When is the anticipated starting date?
46. What are the least enjoyable aspects of working here?
47. What do your staff enjoy most about the role?
48. What training do you offer?
49. How does the role fit into the overall structure of the business?
50. Is there anything else you need to know about me?
51. In what ways is performance measured and reviewed?
52. What are the most important issues you think your organisation will face?
53. Do you have any doubts about me?
54. What qualities are most important for success in this role?
55. Is there anyone else I need to meet with?
56. How do you help your team to grow?
57. How do you respond to staff conflicts?
58. How will you resolve any issues your company faces at the moment?
59. If this is not a new position, why did the previous employee leave?
60. How will I fit into your vision for the future?
Hopefully, these questions will help you to get an idea of some questions to ask in the interview. Obviously, you don’t need to remember them all, but have a few prepared to learn more about the job and company. Use this as an opportunity to showcase your skills and personality even more, and demonstrate that you’re the right person for the job. And remember, whatever you do, don’t have no questions or nothing to ask.