Zest Education have been working closely with several secondary schools located in and around Burntwood and have had an extremely high demand for reliable Cover supervisors to join them on a day to day basis. These positions are extremely popular with people who have an interest in education, working with young people, gaining classroom experience or have recently graduated.
The role is fun, varied and rewarding, and as follows:
Working as a cover supervisor can be extremely rewarding, as well as demanding. There is a high level of responsibility and although there is always a teacher close at hand if needed, there is also a large amount of autonomy.
A cover supervisor is likely to be used for short-term absences of a teacher. These might be known in advance (for example, where a teacher has a medical appointment or is undergoing professional development) or unexpected (for example, absence due to illness)
On a daily basis, cover supervision will include:
– Supervising work that has been set in accordance with the school policy
– Managing the behaviour of pupils whilst they are undertaking this work to ensure a constructive environment
– Responding to any questions from pupils about process and procedures;
– Dealing with any immediate problems or emergencies according to the school’s policies and procedures
– Collecting any completed work after the lesson and returning it to the appropriate teacher
– Reporting back on the behaviour of pupils during the class, using the school’s agreed referral procedures
The working day is always during school hours and term time only.
Plus, you get paid for the privilege! Anything between £60 and £80 per day, subject to experience and level of responsibility.
NB: All necessary safeguarding checks will be carried out, prior to commencement of work. This includes references to cover the last two years, and a fully enhanced DBS.
If you are interested in this position or want to find out more, email us on firstname.lastname@example.org or ‘Apply for job’ at the top of the page to submit your details.
Zest Education are an REC audited agency and are dedicated to safeguarding children. All candidates must hold an enhanced DBS (or allow us to process one for you) and be registered to the DBS Update Service, be able to provide references to cover the last two years and successfully pass all other necessary safeguarding checks prior to clearance for work.
We receive new jobs and positions on a daily basis so keep up to date with us on our social media pages too:
Website : https://www.zesteducation.co.uk/
Zest Education – small consultancy friendliness with big agency experience.