Zest Education is in search of an enthusiastic Music Teacher to join an exceptional secondary school located in the area of South Birmingham. As a Music Teacher, you’ll become an integral part of a dynamic and accomplished music department, renowned for its diverse musical offerings to students. The school prioritises a comprehensive music curriculum that nurtures creativity, talent cultivation, and a genuine love for music.
This is a full-time position where the successful candidate will be responsible for meticulously planning, delivering, and evaluating music lessons catering to students of varying abilities. The role is set to commence in April 2024 and will extend until the conclusion of the academic year.
- Develop and implement captivating and motivational music lessons aligned with the national curriculum.
- Regularly assess student progress and provide constructive feedback utilising diverse assessment techniques.
- Cultivate enthusiasm and motivation among students to enhance their musical abilities and knowledge through practical and theoretical exercises.
- Contribute to organizing and executing extracurricular music events like school concerts, performances, and outings.
- Collaborate with colleagues to exchange and refine teaching methodologies within the music department.
- Cultivate a safe and inclusive learning environment conducive to the participation and growth of all students.
- Possession of Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) or equivalent teaching certification.
- Demonstrated experience teaching Music at the secondary level.
- Thorough subject knowledge coupled with a deep passion for music education.
- Ability to inspire and engage students across different skill levels.
- Strong communication and organizational aptitude.
- Innovative teaching approach integrating a variety of instructional techniques and materials.
If you are interested in this position or want to find out more, email Lotty at Charlotter@zesteducation.co.uk or ‘apply for job’ at the top of the page to submit your details.
Zest Education are an REC audited agency and are dedicated to safeguarding children. All candidates must hold an enhanced DBS (or allow us to process one for you) and be registered to the DBS Update Service, be able to provide references to cover the last two years and successfully pass all other necessary safeguarding checks prior to clearance for work.
Salary is dependent on experience, training, or qualifications. The minimum experience, training, or qualifications required for this position are recent school-based experience (within the last 5 years within a school that teaches the British Curriculum) and/or care-based experience within the last 5 years.
The role advertised is for temporary supply work.
We receive new jobs and positions on a daily basis so keep up to date with us on our social media pages too:
Zest Education – small consultancy friendliness with big agency experience.