Are you passionate about making a positive impact on the lives of young learners? Do you have a Level 2 qualification and a strong desire to work in a primary school setting? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you!
We are currently seeking a dedicated Learning Mentor to join the team at a reputable primary school based in Burton on Trent. As a Learning Mentor, you will work closely with students, teachers, and parents to provide invaluable support and guidance to help children overcome any barriers to their learning.
– Build positive relationships with students, creating a safe and nurturing environment where they feel supported.
– Identify and assess the individual needs of students, developing tailored intervention plans to address any challenges they may be facing.
– Deliver one-on-one mentoring sessions, helping students develop key skills, improve self-esteem, and build resilience.
– Collaborate with teachers to develop strategies for supporting students’ academic progress and emotional well-being.
– Liaise with parents and guardians, providing regular updates on their child’s progress and offering guidance on how to support their learning journey.
– Possess a Level 2 qualification in a relevant field (e.g. education).
– Experience working with primary school-aged children, preferably in a mentoring or support role.
– Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to engage effectively with students, parents, and colleagues.
– Empathy, patience, and a genuine passion for supporting the holistic development of young learners.
– A proactive and creative approach to problem-solving, able to think outside the box to find tailored solutions for individual students.
This is a rewarding opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of young learners and contribute to their academic and personal growth. The primary school offers a welcoming and supportive working environment, with opportunities for professional development and growth.
If you are ready to take on the role of a Learning Mentor and become an integral part of our dedicated team, we would love to hear from you.
If you are interested in this position or want to find out more, email Taylor at Taylor@zesteducation.co.uk or ‘apply for job’ at the top of the page to submit your details.
Zest Education are an REC audited agency and are dedicated to safeguarding children. All candidates must hold an enhanced DBS (or allow us to process one for you) and be registered to the DBS Update Service, be able to provide references to cover the last two years and successfully pass all other necessary safeguarding checks prior to clearance for work.
Salary is dependent on experience, training, or qualifications. The minimum experience, training, or qualifications required for this position are recent school-based experience (within the last 5 years within a school that teaches the British Curriculum) and/or care-based experience within the last 5 years.
The role advertised is for temporary supply work.
We receive new jobs and positions on a daily basis so keep up to date with us on our social media pages too:
Zest Education – small consultancy friendliness with big agency experience.