Zest Education are working alongside a high performing secondary school in the Walsall area to recruit a full time science teacher to start January 2024 for at least one full term.
Excellent classroom and behaviour management is required as well as a strong subject knowledge at KS3 with knowledge at KS4 and KS5 also being advantageous. The school was rated ‘Good’ in their last OFSTED inspection with achievement and learning improving steadily over the last academic year.
The school is also easily accessible by public transport with bus stops within a few minutes walking distance. There is also secure onsite parking available should it be needed.
The successful applicant will have:
- A PGCE or equivalent UK teaching qualification that has awarded them QTS or QTLS
- A strong passion for the subject of science and excellent subject knowledge across KS3 and KS4 (KS5 would be ideal but isn’t a necessity)
- A team ethos and want to be part of a strong team environment
- The ability to plan, mark and deliver high quality lessons (planning and marking only for short/long term placements).
- Strong classroom and behaviour management
Zest Education are an REC audited agency and are dedicated to safeguarding children. All candidates must hold an enhanced DBS (or allow us to process one for you) and be registered to the DBS Update Service, be able to provide references to cover the last two years and successfully pass all other necessary safeguarding checks prior to clearance for work.
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are: Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) and recent school-based experience (teaching within a school teaching the British Curriculum).
The role advertised is for temporary supply work.
We receive new jobs and positions on a daily basis so keep up to date with us on our social media pages too:
Zest Education – small consultancy friendliness with big agency experience.