Zest Education are seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated Science Teacher to join a Secondary School in the Halesowen area. This is a full-time position, starting in November 2023, which has the potential to last for the rest of the academic year.
The successful candidate will be responsible for teaching Key Stage 3 students. We are looking for someone who is passionate about science and can inspire and engage young minds, so the ability to deliver interactive and innovative lessons is essential.
The school offers a supportive and inclusive environment where both staff and students are encouraged to thrive. They believe in continuous professional development and provide great opportunities for growth and career development. The school also benefits from onsite parking and also easily accessible public transport links.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Planning and delivering engaging Science lessons to Key Stage 3 students
- Creating and implementing schemes of work and lesson plans
- Assessing student progress and providing feedback
- Maintaining a safe and positive learning environment for all
Successful candidates will have:
- A PGCE or equivalent UK teaching qualification that has awarded them QTS or QTLS
- A strong enthusiasm for Science based subjects and the ability to plan and deliver high quality lessons
- Excellent knowledge of the KS3 curriculum
- A team ethos and the ability to build strong and professional relationships with both colleagues and pupils
- Experience in classroom and behaviour management
If you are passionate about Science and dedicated to shaping the minds of young learners, we would love to hear from you.
If you are interested in this position or want to find out more, email Lucy at firstname.lastname@example.org or ‘apply for job’ at the top of the page to submit your details.
Zest Education are an REC audited agency and are dedicated to safeguarding children. All candidates must hold an enhanced DBS (or allow us to process one for you) and be registered to the DBS Update Service, be able to provide references to cover the last two years and successfully pass all other necessary safeguarding checks prior to clearance for work.
Salary is dependent on experience, training, or qualifications. The minimum experience, training, or qualifications required for this position are recent school-based experience (within the last 5 years within a school that teaches the British Curriculum) within the last 5 years.
The role advertised is for temporary supply work.
We receive new jobs and positions on a daily basis so keep up to date with us on our social media pages too: