Website Zest Education
We are currently seeking a dedicated and positive 1:1 teaching assistant to join our team at a two form entry primary school located in Castle Bromwich. This position is available to start as soon as possible and involves working closely with a child who has Social, Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH) needs.
As a teaching assistant, you will play a crucial role in supporting the child’s learning and development. Your responsibilities will include providing one-on-one support, assisting with class activities, and promoting a positive and inclusive learning environment. It is essential that you are nurturing, patient, and able to build strong relationships with the child, as well as communicate effectively with other staff members and parents.
– Previous experience working as a teaching assistant, particularly in supporting children with SEMH needs, is highly desirable.
– A positive and patient approach to working with children, with the ability to adapt to their individual needs.
– Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, to effectively engage with the child, staff, and parents.
– A genuine passion for education and a commitment to supporting the child’s progress and well-being.
– A relevant teaching assistant qualification is desirable, but not essential.
– Applicants with experience and relevant transferable skills will also be considered.
Working Hours and Benefits:
– This is a full-time position, working Monday to Friday during term time only.
– Competitive salary based on experience and qualifications.
– Access to ongoing professional development opportunities.
– Supportive and welcoming school community.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume and a cover letter detailing your relevant experience and why you are interested in working with us. Applications should be sent to [email protected] by [application deadline].
We look forward to receiving your application and potentially working together to make a positive impact on the life of this child.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
If you are interested in this position or want to find out more, email Liam at Liam@zesteducation.co.uk or ‘apply for job’ at the top of the page to submit your details.
Zest Education are an REC audited agency and are dedicated to safeguarding children. All candidates must hold an enhanced DBS (or allow us to process one for you) and be registered to the DBS Update Service, be able to provide references to cover the last two years and successfully pass all other necessary safeguarding checks prior to clearance for work.
Salary is dependent on experience, training, or qualifications. The minimum experience, training, or qualifications required for this position are recent school-based experience (within the last 5 years within a school that teaches the British Curriculum) and/or care-based experience within the last 5 years.
The role advertised is for temporary supply work.
We receive new jobs and positions on a daily basis so keep up to date with us on our social media pages too:
Zest Education – small consultancy friendliness with big agency experience.