Zest Education are currently working with a large secondary school, in South Birmingham, close to Balsall Heath. The school are looking for a Sociology teacher, to teach KS4 and KS5. The role will be on a long-term supply, which will start in April 2022. You would be working up to 3 days a week of your choosing.
The school is a large secondary, which has a broad range of students and a high number of EAL students. The school has a great reputation for inclusion and diversity and welcomes all students’ aspirations and person beliefs. The school encourages all of its students to be successful.
The successful applicant will have:
- A PGCE or equivalent UK teaching qualification that has awarded them QTS or QTLS
- A strong passion for the subject of Sociology and excellent subject knowledge across KS4 and KS5 (Criminology knowledge would be ideal but isn’t a necessity)
- A team ethos and want to be part of a strong team environment
- The ability to plan, mark and deliver high quality lessons (planning and marking only for short/long term placements).
- Strong classroom and behaviour management
- Be confident in using ICT in their professional role
Rates of pay will vary dependant on experience.
Both Newly qualified teachers (NQT) / Early careers teachers (ECT) and experienced teachers will be equally considered for this role.
‘If you are interested in this temporary position or want to find out more, call Becky Nicholas on 0121 803 8880, email firstname.lastname@example.org with your interest or apply for this job through this advert.
Zest Education are an REC audited agency and are dedicated to safeguarding children. All candidates must hold an enhanced DBS (or allow us to process one for you) and be registered to the DBS Update Service, be able to provide references to cover the last two years and successfully pass all other necessary safeguarding checks prior to clearance for work.
Salary is dependent on experience, training, or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are: Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) and recent school-based experience (within the last 5 years, teaching within a school teaching the British Curriculum).
We receive new jobs and positions on a daily basis so keep up to date with us on our social media pages too:
Zest Education – small consultancy friendliness with big agency experience’