Zest Education are working closely with a school in Quinton, Birmingham for a classroom support assistant for a 1-1 position. The role will involve supporting a child with autism and behaviour difficulties in Y5 who requires additional support throughout the day.
The successful teaching assistant must:
- Hold an NVQ Level 2 qualification (or above) in a relevant subject
- Be able to engage with and support individual pupils
- Understand the importance of their role in supporting children with mild autism
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of the national curriculum
- Have a calm and approachable manner
- Work well under pressure and in sometimes stressful situations
What the role will involve:
- Working within a fast-paced environment
- Supporting individual children to ensure they have access to a fun and engaging curriculum
- Working as part of a strong team to ensure all children learn and grow on a daily basis
- Providing children with a supportive learning environment
- Assisting with general classroom assistant roles (preparing resources, assisting the class teacher etc)
- Working within an ‘Good’ rated primary school
- Good competitive rates of pay (term time only)
- Invaluable experience working with a professional and well-established team
- Potential for a permanent role for the right candidate
The position will be starting as soon as possible and will continue on a rolling basis into September 2022. There is potential for this role to be made permanent for the right candidate.
If you are interested in this position or want to find out more, email us on firstname.lastname@example.org or ‘apply for job’ at the top of the page to submit your details.
Zest Education are an REC audited agency and are dedicated to safeguarding children. All candidates must hold an enhanced DBS (or allow us to process one for you) and be registered to the DBS Update Service, be able to provide references to cover the last two years and successfully pass all other necessary safeguarding checks prior to clearance for work.
Salary is dependent on experience, training, or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are: Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) and recent school-based experience (teaching within a school teaching the British Curriculum).
The role advertised is for temporary supply work.
We receive new jobs and positions daily so keep up to date with us on our social media pages too:
Zest Education – small consultancy friendliness with big agency experience.